POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Stephen, Andrew, St., Phil Cook and anyone else... : Re: Stephen, Andrew, St., Phil Cook and anyone else... Server Time
2 Oct 2024 00:15:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Stephen, Andrew, St., Phil Cook and anyone else...
From: Phil Cook
Date: 9 Apr 2008 09:11:47
Message: <op.t9chj3nqc3xi7v@news.povray.org>
And lo on Wed, 09 Apr 2008 11:41:36 +0100, Stephen <mcavoysAT@aolDOTcom>
did spake, saying:

> On Wed, 09 Apr 2008 09:08:15 +0100, "Phil Cook"
> <phi### [at] nospamrocainfreeservecouk> wrote:
>

>> Oo ar oo ar we be in the sticks here and get up with the chickens and go
>> to sleep with the cows why would we be wanting transport past 22:00?
>
> If it makes it more worthwhile, we could meet earlier (at least I
> could). I don't think I trust myself to pub food so I will eat before
> meeting and will probably be round that area from about 4 pm.

If it was 100% me being there I'd be tempted, but other stuff is still on
so I'm not going to suggest a big alteration of everyone's time just on
the off-chance I'll make it; next time a different schedule perhaps.

On the good news friends were right there is a train from Worcester to
London it just doesn't reach as far as Kiddy heh. The last train out of
Paddington leaves at ~21:55 (next one at 08:40 so not something I'd want
to miss) driving/taxi in and out of Worcester is sooo much easier then
bloody Brum.

> I know what you mean about the travelling on public transport. I've
> just been travelling in the Holland/Belgium area on a Sunday service.
> It can be done but is it worth it, maybe not :)

The daft thing is that this is a shopping thing I do every so often (much
easier when I had a direct train to New Hill), just it's a
morning/afternoon thing so I've never looked past closing time; nice to
find out about the Worcester trains though, just inertia kept me going
through Brum after I lost the direct route.

--
Phil Cook

http://flipc.blogspot.com